Did you know?
- Anxiety disorders are the most common mental illness in the U.S., affecting 40 million adults in the United States age 18 and older (18% of U.S. population).
- Anxiety disorders are highly treatable, yet only about one-third of those suffering receive treatment.
- Anxiety disorders cost the U.S. more than $42 billion a year, almost one-third of the country’s $148 billion total mental health bill, according to “The Economic Burden of Anxiety Disorders,” a study commissioned by ADAA (The Journal of Clinical Psychiatry,60(7), July 1999).
- More than $22.84 billion of those costs are associated with the repeated use of health care services; people with anxiety disorders seek relief for symptoms that mimic physical illnesses.
- People with an anxiety disorder are three to five times more likely to go to the doctor and six times more likely to be hospitalized for psychiatric disorders than those who do not suffer from anxiety disorders.
- Anxiety disorders develop from a complex set of risk factors, including genetics, brain chemistry, personality, and life events.
What doTERRA oils can you use for Anxiety?
Lavender (A,T), Wild Orange (A), Lemon (A), Serenity (A,T), AromaTouch (T), Elevation (A), Balance ((T)on back of neck), and Breathe ((T) on chest)
Aromatically (A): Diffuse into air. Inhale directly from bottle. Apply oil to hands, tissue, or cotton wick, and inhale.
Topically (T): Place 1-2 drops in 1 Tbs. fractionated coconut oil and massage into the skin. Dilute as recommended, and apply to back of neck, temples, or reflex points on feet. Add 1-2 drops to 1/4 cup bath salts, and dissolve in warm bathwater.